Black Sherif Drops “The Villain I Never Was” Album | 14 Tracks Exclusive

 


With his debut album The Villain I Never Was, which is out today via RBA / EMPIRE, Ghanaian artist Black Sherif enters the international music scene. 

Black Sherif's struggles are depicted in The Villain I Never Was, a sonically filmic and deliberately biographical work. 

The 20-year-old artist added, "It took me everything to give life to this body. 

"The one item in my life for which I would do anything. He previously stated in a social media post that "there is life in this body. I hope it treats you well and communicates to you the way I want it to.


His transformation from a young Muslim from the mining town of Konongo to a globally renowned artist is both painful and thrilling, as shown in the project's main tracks, "45" and "Soja." 

On The Villain I Never Was, Black Sherif blends cultures to create his own world using his native Twi and narrative talent together with "asakaa" (the Ghanian version of the common drill sound), Afrobeats, and other musical genres.

Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.