Police officer interdicted for leaving his gun in trotro

 


The police officer who allegedly accepted a 100 Ghana cedi bribe from the driver of the commercial vehicle and left his rifle inside has been detained. 

Rapid Deployment Force (RDF) Inspector Sulemana Adam was stopped and reported to the Police Professional Standards Bureau (PPSB). 

The action is being taken "to allow for a comprehensive investigation into the circumstances surrounding the occurrence," according to the police. 

The police inspector and the driver will both aid in investigations, according to a press release from the Western Regional Command of the Ghana Police Service on January 28.


On Connect FM's morning program Omanbapa, the driver described how some police officers had pulled him over for allegedly parked illegally. 

He added, "I loaded travelers from Coast to Takoradi." 

Around 8:30 p.m. on Friday, a police car containing about five officers stopped me as I approached Takoradi. They told me I was under arrest and would be taken to the office to be processed before court, and I agreed. 


They then disembarked all of my passengers. They halted on the way to the police station and informed me that I would have to pay GH 500 and have my car locked until Monday if they were to take me to the police station. I begged them to have mercy on me as they then demanded that I pay GH 150. 


They informed me that I wasn't being sincere and that the only price at which they would let me leave was GH 100. I then paid the GHC 100 and they dispersed, leaving me to carry on with my task.




Tags

Post a Comment

0 Comments
* Please Don't Spam Here. All the Comments are Reviewed by Admin.